This includes emotional & spiritual support, comfort and solace to individuals fighting cancer, suffering from a medical condition, or simply needing to be in the presence of the spiritual magic that is the horse.
Whether our participants needs are physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, Shadow Serenity is prepared to help.
The opportunity to serve and person who becomes a part of Shadow Serenity, whether a client, volunteer, staff or family member, help us create an environment for miraculous and measurable growth resulting in a new found freedom, peace and joy that cannot be duplicated in any other program.
Program Features include:
- Program is free for the participant and one family member
- Programs for riders and non riders
- Sessions are normally 1 ½ hours
- Participants ideally attend the same day/time each week
- Participants receive a welcome packet on their first day
- Programs are completely customized for each participant depending on age, horse knowledge, comfort around horses, health and physical ability
During our horsemanship program participants get the opportunity to:
- Build a bond with the horses
- Feel a sense of responsibility and feel needed
- Learn new skills and feel a sense of accomplishment
- Improve their physical, mental, social and emotional well-being
Upon completion of program, all participants will be competent in the following areas:
- Halter and tack up horse/pony
- Use grooming equipment properly
- Leading a horse/pony from left and right sides
- Understanding horses and how they communicate their thoughts and emotions